Devocean Water Sports
- Lake George, 'The Queen of American Lakes, is a long and narrow oligotrophic lake located at the southeast base of the Adirondack Park (about an hour north of Albany).
- The lake is situated along the historical natural (Amerindian) path between the valley of the Hudson River and that of the St. Lawrence. Therefore, it lies directly on the land route between New York City, and Montreal.
- The lake extends about 32.2 miles from north to south, is quite deep with the deepest part being 196 feet, and varies from 1 to 2 miles in width.
- Although the year-round population of Lake George is relatively small, the summertime population can swell to over 50,000 residents. Most spend their time in the popular Lake George Village, situated at the southern end of the lake.
- Being that the lake exists in the Adirondacks, extensive hiking trails up local mountains with rewarding views of the lake can be found close by; examples including: Sleeping Beauty Mountain, Buck Mountain, Black Mountain, Shelving Rock Falls, and Prospect Mountain.